Wednesday, April 7, 2010

hello again!

Hello all! I'm sorry I haven't written anything in a while and here are my excuses: a) I've been busy. b) our internet has been down for a couple days. c) I haven't really had anything to say.

But I do have a quote. This quote I found on Easter (speaking of which, I hope everyone had a very blessed and joy-filled Easter sunday and holy week).

Here's the quote:

"[A person is fully human]... when joy is the fundamental thing in him, and grief the superficial. Melancholy should be a innocent interlude, a tender and fugitive frame of mind; praise should be the permanent pulsation of the soul. Pessimism is at best an emotional half-holiday; joy is the uproarious labor which all things live."- G.K. Chesterton

xoxo,
C•A

1 comment:

  1. Carey,
    Read "Man Alive" by G.K. Chesterton. This quote is basically the entire theme of that book - wild joy. It's brilliant.
    Love,
    J.

    ReplyDelete