Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Separation of Church and...Church

Something I've been thinking a lot about lately, firstly because I'm writing an essay on it and secondly because it's just something I think about a lot, is how important the church is. I don't mean in just the preaching of the Word, I mean in the community that comes out of the Church, the accountability, the mix of gifts. I've been thinking about how important it is that every single gift and occupation come back to church.
Back in the Medieval church, the school, the church, and the government were all wrapped up into one. The Cathedral was where everyone met.
Why isn't it like this today.
I am struck with the thought that everyone shops around for their specific church. You can basically get any type of church that you want now a days. I don't think I necessarily think that this is a good idea. There are been so many people that leave my church because they don't like the music or they don't like the youth group or there are too many boys in the nursery, blah blah blah. Why?! Because we are wired in this day and age to get every thing our way. If church doesn't go our way, we leave. The church doesn't have everything wrapped up in it any more. You can go to a church that as all artists, you can go to a church that has all engineers. Why aren't they all coming together, sharing the gifts and worshiping their God together? They're worshiping the same God, aren't they?

wrap your head around that.

No comments:

Post a Comment