I'm living in New York City.
I live across from Macy's.
I go to college.
I know it's completely crazy.
I love it here. My roommates are great, my house is great, my school is great, my professors are great, new york is great.
I have never been so homesick in my life. The last month has been better homesick wise than it was when I first moved in. However, even though it sucks, I'm really thankful for this feeling.
I have had to cling to the Lord like never before. I'm finally starting to make friends here, but the first month I was kind of lonely (*besides having my roommates etc).
It's amazing how the Lord answers your prayers.
I have seen, in the past three months, God bless me EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. in such obvious, tangible ways. I've realized that I have no room to complain because the Lord is providing.
In my Introduction to Old Testament Literature class we've been reading through Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers (et al) and it's hit me like never before How Much the Israelites Complained! EVERY DAY. No matter how YHWH provided they still found ways to be discontent and to complain! It's ridiculous.
I don't want to be an Israelite.
This is my goal every day: don't complain, the Lord provides. && Love Unconditionally.
Here are some highlights of my life::
• hanging out with my roommates families when we moved in
• getting to know the girls in my house via the great race (dislike: all the running and getting pooped on by a seagull on Cony Island)
|my roommates: Alex and Erika. I love them|
• roommate family dinners
• Cafe Lalo with the roomies
• labor day brunch with my cousin
• labor day dinner with the guys
• Fashion Night Out with the best girls
• my friends Amber and Tyler getting married (such a beautiful event and it also meant I got to go home)
• All the mail I get from my family
• going out for my Big's birthday
• drama comp
• SNL with friends. to see JOSEPH GORDON LEVITT AND MUMFORD AND SONS. it was a highlight of my life.
• my mommy visiting
• high school friends coming to visit for the day/ seeing my sister/ seeing my best friend derek
• FALL BREAK
• presidential debates=food and friends
• sunday lunch in central park with my girl Alex
• dinner in the LowerEastSide with Jon, Alex and Chandler
• walks by myself in central park
• Lydia's birthday dinner
• helping with Inviso
• the MET with Erika, Bethany and Alex
• Hurricane Sandy
• seeing Jimmy Fallon
• All Movie Nights
• SEEING NEWSIES and winning the lottery for it
• Serendipity with friends
• Redeemer church
and that's not even scratching the surface.
the Lord is so good.